We all want our customers to be loyal for life. However, you are kidding yourself, if we think all clients are 100% loyal, but with every business there are certainly some customers that are totally loyal. Customer Retention with Branding is a way that can help.
Customer Retention with Branding
- Most businesses are facing the same challenge. Less time, less money and especially when it comes to marketing their business.
- Yes, when money is tight the gut reaction of most businesses is to cut out marketing altogether.
- If you ask businesses that are successful, they’ll tell you marketing is the last thing you should cut out. Instead, you need to use your money where it will net the best ROI.
- On average, it costs 5-10% more to acquire a new customer than retain an existing one.
- Additionally, repeat customers spend, on average, 67% more.
There are some tactics to build customer loyalty by using branded merchandise
- Use a Brand Reminder. Get your client to use a product with your brand on it. The best reminder such as wearable clothing or an essential product put in the hands of your customer. Use subtle branding on products such as compendiums or iPad holders that are used everyday and your customers can remember your company. Surveys show 50% of appropriate items are still used 2 years later.
- Reward customer loyal. A simple tactic is to send out a product on 1 Year anniversary of doing business or rewarding the customer for re-signing or put a pack of branded mins in all deliveries as a ‘thank you’. The overall cost is low but the goodwill benefit is extremely high.
- Leverage customer surveys. You can re-engage with your customer base by asking for feedback and mail out thank you gift for completing the survey. Studies show mailing a stylus pen or another promo product with a letter can increase the number of prospects, action calling you back by up to 50%.
- Personalise and customise products. Surveys show that the response rate is three times higher when you personalise a product with your customer name on it (use their full name). A simple example is made more powerful when, the product is personalised with individual customer names. Items such as dressing gowns or beach towels are used as Christmas gifts for your top 20% of customers work well. Consider that Government departments like coffee mugs with their name on it so people don’t steal it from the tearoom.
- Encourage repeat business. Think about special days such as running a Valentines promotion for your best clients and offer some chocolate products as a reward, this is a great way to use Customer Retention with Branding. Every business should send out an Email offer to all customers if they haven’t done any business with them over the past 2 years. Personalised emails get better open rates but more measured results with an ID number can redeem a prize.
LASER ENGRAVING WITH INDIVIDUAL NAMES
Laser engraving produces a permanent natural finish using a laser to mark the product with Customer Retention with Branding. Different materials produce different effects when engraved so to avoid uncertainty pre-production samples are recommended.
Use variable data including individual names. It will have a higher perceived value than other forms of branding and becomes part of the surface and is permanent. Gives a similar finish to etching on glassware at a much lower cost. Can mark curved or uneven products.
Here’s some products to help with Customer Retention: