Why build a workplace Health and Wellness culture?
During a Covid-19 year, it’s increasingly important to reduce stress at work and improve employee retention with a great health and wellness culture. Your workplace can welcome your team back from lockdown and reward healthy eating behaviours. There are various encouragement approaches, such as points can transfer into prizes, monetary rewards, or raffle entries to win grand prizes. Your team’s interests is more around fitness, diet, balanced life, and getting encouragement from the workplace. Your team’s metal health, personal growth, active rejuvenation, cool health programs and just for fun are really important.
What are your Team’s priorities:
- Eat health and nutritious foods
- Start exercising (or exercise more)
- Get enough sleep
- Prioritise and organise their lives
- Kick bad habits
- Being part of a team, with a good wellbeing culture
What programs can be put in place?
- Start a Facebook group for work health and wellness activities
- Ask people to submit photos and ideas they would like to see at work and a social media platform will also easily allow people to organise a group
- Subsidise wearable technology that helps employees track their activity and optimising health and wellness campaigns
12 Health and Wellness Programs to run at work Create walking meetings:
- Create walking meetings:
- You sit all day, so why not make your meetings a walking meeting instead.
- There is a correlation between walking and creativity. People that walk a lot are more creative.
- You can walk both inside and outside. The location of the walk didn’t seem to impact the creative process. So you can have your walking meeting right in the office.
- Walking can improve the ideas you have during your meeting.
- Health Contest at work
- Encourage healthier lifestyles with impromptu contests with free company gear.
- Google “inspirational quotes” and write them down on strips of paper
- Put all the quotes in a bowl related to ideas for fun and health
- Invite people to take 15-minute break to enjoy a cup of tea and snack and have everyone grab 1 quote from the bowl.
- Healthy cooking contests
- Get your team to make their favourite healthy recipes and bring them into work for a cooking contest voted by the rest of the office and offer a prize.
- The Water Challenge
- Nominate a month and encourage team members to track how many days they drank at least 8 glasses of water with the aim to drink less coffee.
- The winner at the end of the month gets a prize
- On-site yoga classes to relieve stress
- Invite a yoga instructor into your office every couple of weeks to guide the team through a yoga class.
- Consider fitness experts you know. Yoga instructors, gym teachers, personal trainers, and people in similar roles often have a strong command of basic fitness and nutritional needs.
- Team Scavenger Hunt
- Create a scavenger hunt in the office, workplace or outside in a park.
- This is a team building game that is designed to bring people together and drive employee engagement.
- Organisers need to come up with rules and a theme for the event.
- Need a scoring system, run a leader board and nominate someone to coordinate the results.
- Once the winner is announced post photos and videos of the scavenger hunt.
- Create a Donation Tin
- Establish a tin with strips of paper and a pen next to it for people to acknowledge someone else’s work.
- Read the acknowledgements aloud during your weekly team meetings. Raise money for the companies nominated charity and lodge into the tin.
- Host a Lunch and Celebrate Wellness
- Brown bag lunch every Monday where the team meets to discuss a healthier lifestyle. Dedicate a day to try out any of the ideas on this list.
- Allow team members to present on a topic they’re interested in and use this time to discuss wellness challenges with the updates.
- On Site Massage Chair
- Reward your team with on-site chair massage, to boost energy, relaxation, and posture.
- Workplace stress can be massively reduced with a massage chair and can aid to reduce blood pressure, improve stress quality, and increased productivity.
- Plenty of companies can be bringing a chair to your office.
- Hold a fitness challenge (5km Fun Run)
- A fun fitness challenge idea that gets the whole office involved
- The duration should be for 4 weeks
- Participate in a 5K run in community and offer to cover entry fee for anyone who chooses to participate
- You can also start a regular running group so participants can get into race shape before the event
- Make the event even more fulfilling by finding a 5K with a cause or a theme you love. These sites will help you find a 5K that gets everyone excited.
- Encourage Swag and work fitness Gear
- Make sure your team has all the cool company swag you giveaway at conferences and social events.
- Free company fitness gear should caps, t-shirts, polos, and many more.
Some of the Best Corporate Health and Wellness products include: